CI-UPD aims to transform its CI into an academic and integrative part of UPD as well as the local communities.
CI-UPD will make a part of the mainstream functions of UPD: research, teaching and service.
- The UP is the country’s national university; • Under its Charter of 2008 (RA 9500), UP is mandated to perform its unique and distinctive leadership in higher education and development;
- Research will be embedded in the culture of UPD;
- UPD’s comprehensive approach goes beyond language programs, given the many possible ties with units in UP Diliman;
- UPD has several strategic hubs outside of the Diliman campus: UPDEPP, the heart of Central Luzon development, UP Integrated School, UP Professional Schools in Bonifacio Global;
- More Integrative CI-UPD will be actively involved in community engagement efforts;
- Partners: League of City Colleges of the Philippines, City College of Angeles, Foreign Service Institute-Department of Foreign Affairs, Bureau of Immigration
- Future hubs: Philippine Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Inc., Bureau of Customs, Commission on Higher Education, Department of Tourism, National Defense College of the Philippines, Federation of Filipino Chinese Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Inc., Association of Filipino-Chinese Schools, Inc.